Daniella Raigorodsky Monteiro is a partner in the corporate/M&A and contractual Law areas of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the São Paulo Office.
Daniella has vast experience in corporate law, having acted as counsel on a wide range of projects involving mergers, acquisitions and restructurings. She is also well-versed on Project financing, where she gave legal assistance in the planning, negotiation and closure of various structured operations.
Daniella focuses on mergers and acquisitions, as well as formation of joint ventures and strategic alliances, primarily on the infrastructure, logistics and energy (generation, transmission, distribution) industries.
During 2018, Daniella has actively worked for clients interested in evaluating and participating in the public auctions organized for the sale of distribution companies and transmission lines owned by Centrais Elétricas Brasileiras S.A. – Eletrobras, which were part of its privatization process.
Daniella began her career at Castro, Barros, Sobral, Gomes Advogados, where she worked from 1995 until 2000. She then moved on to join Barbosa, Müssnich & Aragão Advogados. In 2007, she became a partner at Campos Mello Advogados until 2015, when she then joined Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown.
- Assisted Tele Norte Leste S.A. in corporate restructuring implemented for the purposes of incorporating all of the telcos of Telemar group after privatization (2000-2001).
- Assisted Globo Comunicação e Participações – Globopar in restructuring their debt (2002-2004).
- Assisted PETROBRAS in various project finance deals during 2006 and 2007, such as (i); a REVAP modernization project, which was awarded Latin America Deal of the Year 2006 – Project Finance International; (ii); Project financing (and refinancing) for pipeline construction for URUCU-MANAUS, MALHAS e GASENE.
- Assisted Terna Participações (Taesa) in the acquisition of the electricity transmission assets and in the debt restructuring process (2008-2010).
- Assisted the Mexican pharmaceutical company “Casa Saba” in the acquisition of the Drogasmil and Farmalife drugstore chains (2008-2009).
- Assisted Norsk Hydro in the negotiation of a joint venture with Vale for the construction of an alumina refinery in Pará (2008-2009).
- Assisted Mitsui, UTC Engenharia, Sembcorp and Petrobras, as project counsel, in the negotiation of investment contracts and partnership for the financing and construction of utility plants in the petrochemical complex COMPERJ (2010-2011).
- Assisted the Italian infrastructure Group Atlantia and its Brazilian subsidiary Autostrade Concessões e Participações Brasil with contractual, regulatory and corporate issues related to the creation of a joint venture of US$3.3 billion called AB Concessões S.A. (nowadays one of the largest road operators in the Brazilian infrastructure sector) (2012-2013).
- Assisted the hospitality chain, Hyatt, in the acquisition of land which included financial negotiations together with the BNDES (R$300mm) and the construction contracts for the Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro (2012-2013).
- Assisted Rex (hospitality company of Group X) in the sale of Hotel Gloria in Rio de Janeiro (2014).
- Assisted Federal Mogul (large auto parts company) in the negotiation and closing of a deal with TRW Automotive for the acquisition of their motor valve division (2014-2015).
- Assisted Polynt Composites, world leader in the composites market, in the negotiation and acquisition of the polyester resin division of the Total Group (2015).
- Assisted a group of investors during the competitive process of acquisition of equity participation held by Primav (CR Almeida) in Ecorodovias (and indirectly in its 17 holding subsidiaries of road concessions and urban mobility) (2015-2016).
- Assisted a group of investors interested in the acquisition of equity participation owned by OAS in INVEPAR, in the context of the judicial recovery of OAS (2016).
- Represented a power transmission company in the acquisition of seven operational power transmission concessionaires, whose controlling company was under a judicial restructuring process (2017-2018).
- Assisted Total S.A. in a complex cross-border transaction involving the acquisition of several upstream, midstream, downstream and power assets from Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras, in the amount of approximately USD 2.2 billion, including the acquisition of two operational gas thermo power plants (2017).
- Advised a power transmission company in the private auction for the acquisition of an operational power transmission concessionaire (2018).
- Advised Vinci Partners in the evaluation of certain energy distribution companies owned by the Brazilian state-run power company Centrais Elétricas Brasileiras S.A. - Eletrobras – sold via public auction held in August 2018, as part of the privatization process of Eletrobras, as well as in the formation of the investment vehicle and in the analysis of all bid documents and in the evaluation of the key M&A and regulatory aspects taken into account when drafting the bid offers for the targets. (2018).
- Assisted ISA CTEEP (one of the top player in the Brazilian transmission sector) in the evaluation of 6 transmission lines owned by the Brazilian state-run power company Centrais Elétricas Brasileiras S.A. - Eletrobras –sold via public auction held in September 2018, as part of the privatization process, as well as in the analysis of all bid documents and in the evaluation of the key M&A and regulatory aspects to be considered when drafting the bid offers for such transmission lines (2018).
Pro Bono Projects
- The Nature Conservancy/TNC (the world's leading nature conservation organization): legal assistance regarding the evaluation of potential investments in targets or projects by TNC (Brazil). The scope of work mainly consisted on carrying out legal due diligence (i.e., corporate, tax, labor, social security, real estate, contracts, etc) and issuing the relevant DD reports on the targets and/or related projects.
- Children’s Italian hospital: legal assistance in drafting and negotiating certain technical cooperation agreement between such Italian hospital and a children’s hospital located in Rio de Janeiro.
- Global Food banking/GFN (a global not-for-profit organization dedicated to alleviating world hunger through food banking): legal assistance relating to the analysis of certain SESC project, called “Mesa Brasil”, which is an unincorporated division of SESC with a robust foodbanking operation, in view of the interest of SESC to go forward with an application for membership of GFN.
- Il Sorriso dei miei bimbi (NGO working in the field of child and youth education in the largest “favela” in South America, Rocinha, Rio de Janeiro, supporting actions against poverty and neglect): constant legal assistance on corporate related matters (i.e. drafting amendments to the bylaws and other related documents to comply with legal and investors requirements).
- Centro Social de Educação e Cultura da Rocinha (NGO supporting education of unfortunate children living at Rocinha’s neighborhood): ongoing legal assistance on corporate related matters (i.e. drafting amendments to the bylaws and other related documents to comply with legal requirements).
Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), Post-Graduate Degree in Corporate Law
University of Cambridge, Specialization in Trust, Corporate and Project Finance
Universidade Mackenzie, São Paulo