Gustavo Passos Corteletti is a Senior Counsel in the Corporate Law practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the Vitória office. He also concentrates his practice on Financial and Capital Markets. He is knowledgeable about banking and business agreements in general.
Gustavo participated in countless legal audits and M&A deals. He provides corporate legal assistance to multinational industries of the chemical, mining and construction sectors, as well as university education institutions.
Gustavo has experience in advising investment fund portfolio managers, attending general meetings of companies comprising the stock portfolios of the relevant funds, analyzing and reporting on corporate transactions entered by such companies and monitoring and reporting on projects receiving investments from the funds, preparing reports in every stage.
Before joining Tauil & Chequer, Gustavo worked for Banco Modal, where he was in charge of the Modal Group’s corporate area and also provided legal advice on agreements and financial transactions entered by the bank. He coordinated law firms hired to recover credits for the bank.
Graduated by UFES, Gustavo is specialized in Corporate Law (IBMEC/RJ), has an MBA in Finance, Audits and Comptrollership (FGV/ES), as well as in Law and Business in Oil & Gas and Energy (IBP/UERJ). In the Oil & Gas sector, he dedicates his time to the legal relationship with the companies that integrate the supply chain.
In the OAB/ES (Espírito Santo section of the Brazilian Bar Association) Gustavo is the president of the Corporate Law Committee and Alternate Counsel.
- Participated in countless due diligences and M&A deals in various sectors, including infrastructure, university education institutions and ornamental rocks.
- Coordinated the implementation of a compliance program in a multinational chemical industry in Brazil.
- Assisted a multinational company of the chemical sector in the development, negotiation and review of confidentiality agreements and commercial contracts fundamental to the activities of the society in Brazil.
- Assisted a multinational company of the chemical sector in the development and registration of corporate acts required by law and pursuant to the social contract.
- Assisted a multi-national chemical company in drafting, reviewing and negotiating supply agreements related to its activities in Brazil.
- Assisted mining companies in the development and registration of corporate acts required by law and pursuant to the social contract; in the development of fundamental contracts of the societies; and in regulatory matters before the Departamento Nacional de Produção Mineral (DNPM, National Department of Mining Production).
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro and Instituto Brasileiro do Petróleo, Gas e Energia, Oil, Gas and Energy Law and Business
Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais (IBMEC/RJ), LLM in Business Law
Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo (UFES), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/ES) , ongoing MBA in Finance
- Member of Oil and Gas Law Committee, Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), Espírito Santo State, 2010.