Ludmila Braga is a partner in the Real Estate Transactions practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the São Paulo Office. She has extensive professional experience in the real estate practice area advising domestic and international companies and investment funds in the implementation of real estate deals, with special focus to Asian companies. Her experience includes assistance in the set up of new manufacture plants in Brazil (real estate and licensing issues), agribusiness, purchase and sales, leasing (including Built to Suit and Sales and Leaseback agreements), real estate swaps and real estate developments.
Ludmila also advises on the legal structuring of real estate transactions, including formation of joint ventures for the development of real estate ventures, the implementation of equity/debt investment and divestment transactions in the capital and financial markets, using real estate investment funds and securitization alternatives, especially the issuance of certificates of real estate receivables.
Ludmila is the author of “Importações Paralelas e Exaustão de Direitos: uma visão crítica”(Revista Brasileira de Direito Internacional), which formed the basis of the judicial decision N. 1041/08 and N. 887/08 (562.01.2008.032979-6) granted in June 30, 2009 by Judge Leonardo de Mello Gonçalves of the 8th Vara Cível de Santos – SP, related to the parallel importation in Brazil of Pringles chips (The Procter & Gamble Company and others X First S/A).
Before joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados Ludmila was a Real Estate senior associate at KLA (2011-2015). She was also an Real Estate associate at Lacaz Martins, Halembeck, Pereira Neto, Gurevich & Schoueri (2010-2011). Ludmila has been worked as a Corporate associate in Advocacia Ferreira Neto (Paris - 2010 and São Paulo 2008-2009), and also at Assis Gonçalves & Kloss Neto Advogados Associados (Curitiba/PR, 2004-2008).
- Developed the "Singapore Desk", with the purpose to provide legal advisory to Singaporean companies that intend to invest in Brazil.
- Legal advisory to one of the biggest agribusiness companies in Asia (Wilmar International) and due diligence on Harald (Brazilian chocolate industry), in transaction related to the purchase of a minority stake in Harald.
- Due diligence on Technicae (military defence industry with headquarters in Brasília) and legal advisory to Singapore Technologies Kinetics in the acquisition of 90% of the capital in Technicae.
- Due diligence on Ticel (asphalt paving industry with headquarters in Rio Grande do Sul) and legal advisory to Singapore Technologies Kinetics in the acquisition of Ticel's assets.
- Legal advisory to Wilmar International in order to purchase a minority stake in São Martinho (sugarcane industry). Anti-trust legal advisory.
- Legal advisory to International Enterprise Singapore (the lead governmental commercial agency in Singapore) in the negotiation of the Memorandum of Understanding executed with São Paulo State Government in order to develop new businesses between Singapore and São Paulo.
- Due diligence on F2C (IT services company with headquarters in Rio de Janeiro) and legal advisory to Stone Apple (a Singaporean Information Technology services company) in the acquisition of a majority stake in F2C.
- Due diligence of the subsidiaries in Brazil of Shree Renuka Sugars (the world largest raw sugar producer) and legal advisory to Wilmar International in relation to a M&A transaction in India comprising the Brazilian SRS subsidiaries.
- Legal advisory to Sunningdale Tech (plastic company with headquarters in Singapore) to develop a new manufacture plant in Atibaia-SP, which comprised several phases of licensing and registration (environmental licenses, taxes, real estate, incorporation of companies, labour and IP rights).
- Legal advisory of Alpha Investment Partners (a Singapore based company part of Keppel Land group, one of Asia's premier property companies) to invest in a MaxCasa real estate development company (MaxCasa XXX Empreendimentos Imobiliários), followed by the purchase and land swap of a real estate property of 8,000 sqm in Panamby neighbourhood in the city of São Paulo. The property was acquired by MaxCasa XXX Empreendimentos Imobiliários to develop a residential building.
- Assistance to Global Logistic Properties on the lease of an app. total area of 90,000 sqm of the logistics facilities called “REC Guarulhos”, located in the city of Guarulhos, state of São Paulo, in a total amount of R$159,355,984.56. The lease agreements were executed with the pharmaceutical companies Sanofi-Aventis Farmacêutica Ltda. and Medley Farmacêutica Ltda. (5 years term), with the retail company Magazine Luiza S.A (7 years term), and warehouse and storage company Argos Outsourcing Solutions Ltda. (7 years term).
- Advised Rec Log Campinas & Guarulhos Empreendimentos S.A (a company of Hemisfério Sul Investimentos group) to acquire a real estate property located in the city of Campinas, state of São Paulo, in which was located the industrial plant of Air Liquide Brasil Ltda.
- Assistance to Global Logistic Properties on the acquisition of a property located in the city of Cajamar (state of São Paulo) with total area of 207,972.04 sqm from Fano Empreendimentos Imobiliários Ltda. to develop a logistics park in the city of Cajamar, state of São Paulo.
- Assistance to property management company LPP, a subsidiary of the Singapore-based Global Logistic Properties (GLP), buy 34 warehousing and logistical assets worth US$1.3 billion from BR Properties.
- Assistance to Global Logistic Properties on structuring a partnership aiming to develop a class A, 350,000 sqm logistics park in the city of Duque de Caxias (state of Rio de Janeiro). R$750 million.
- Assistance to Global Logistics Properties in obtaining part of the funding necessary to build logistics warehouses in Guarulhos and in Ribeirão Preto, via a CCB’s real estate backed securities with Itaú BBA. R$ 82 million.
- Assistance to General Electric in structuring the transaction and the relevant agreements prior to the securitization of real estate receivables by Synergy Group (R$520 million).
- Assistance to Lenovo on the negotiation of a lease agreement for a facility in Sorocaba-SP.
- Assistance of Sandria in the negotiation of a built-to-suit lease for Banco do Brasil/Mapfre and in the financial structuring for the acquisition of the real estate with the issuance of real estate backed securities (R$ 853 million).
- Assistance to Hemisfério Sul Investimentos for the joint venture with Saphyr for the development of several shopping centers in Brazil (R$ 840 million).
- Assistance to Prosperitas in the acquisition of almost the totality of the Bracor real Estate portfolio. R$ 1,5 billion.
- Assistance to Prosperitas in the acquisition of the Brahma factory owned by Ambev in Rio de Janeiro for the development of a commercial tower involving an amount of app. R$ 300 million.
University of São Paulo, MBA
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/SP)
Paris Dauphine University
ESA - Escola Superior de Advocacia