"Brasília-based Luís Inácio Lucena Adams is a key contact for compliance matters."The Legal 500
Luís Adams is a partner in the Litigation, Arbitration and Compliance practices of Tauil & Chequer Advogados. In the Brasília Office, he is responsible for matters related to the Superior and Supreme Courts.
Luís worked as national attorney of the Ministry of Finance from 1993 to 2017. He served as Secretary-General of Litigation for the Attorney-General of Brazil (2001-2002) and as Legal Counsel and Adjunct Executive Secretary of the Ministry of Planning, Budget and Management (2003-2006). In 2006 he was named General Counsel of the Ministry of Finance and later was chosen to serve as Attorney-General of Brazil, a position he held from 2009 to 2016.
As Attorney General, Luís conducted major cases in the judiciary, including coordinating the environment agreement between the Brazilian government and Samarco, Vale and BHP.
- Acted as Attorney-General of Brazil from October 23, 2009 until March 3, 2016.
- Acted as General Counsel of the Ministry of Finance from 2006 to 2009.
- From 2004 to 2006, he served as the Deputy Executive Secretary for the Minister of Planning, Budget, and Management (MPOG).
- In 2003, he was the General Counsel for the Minister of Planning, Budget, and Management, where he coordinated the Deliberative Commission responsible for the management of the Integrated System for Control of Judicial Actions of the Union (SICAU).
- In 2001, he was named the Secretary General of Litigation for the Cabinet of the Attorney-General of Brazil.
- Currently acts as professor of Tax and Constitutional Law at the Public Law Institute of Brasília (IDP) and at the University Center of Brasília (CUB).
- Taught Tax Law at Universidade do Vale do Itajaí and General Theory of the State at the Fundação Educacional de Brusque (SC).
Faculdade de Direito da Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent), Graduation in Legal and Social Sciences
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent), Specialization in Law