João Pedro Valle is an associate in the Corporate & M&A practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. João Pedro has experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganization operations involving domestic and foreign companies from several markets, such as oil and gas, agribusiness, energy, logistics, insurance and reinsurance. His practice also includes analysis and elaboration of corporate acts and commercial contracts, continuous advice to companies and investment funds on corporate matters, besides the coordination and participation in due diligence.
João Pedro was an intern at Tauil & Chequer Advogados, from January 2019 to June 2020. Previously, from November 2017 to November 2018, he was an intern in the Federal Administrative Tax Litigation practice of Ulhôa Canto, Rezende e Guerra Advogados. In addition, João Pedro was an intern in the Corporate and Due Diligence from April 2016 to December 2016, of a renowned law firm.
- Assisted Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) in the acquisition of 90% of the shares issued by Transportadora Associada de Gás S.A. - TAG from Petrobras, also later in the acquisition of the remaining 10% of TAG's shares, by CDPQ.
- Assisted in the sale of Chevron Upstream Frade Ltda. to PetroRio.
- Conducted an extensive due diligence for the evaluation of a refinery owned by Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. - Petrobras.
- Conducted an extensive due diligence for the evaluation of a state-owned energy transmitter during its privatization procedure, including further assistance to the auction preparation.
- Assisted in matters of corporate law and commercial contracts to several domestic and foreign companies and investment funds.
- Assisted in the incorporation of subsidiaries in Brazil of several foreign companies.
Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais (IBMEC/RJ), Bachelor of Law