Isabela Ribeiro is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the São Paulo office. Isabela practice focuses on complex merger and acquisitions and corporate restructurings. She is also well experienced on debt restructurings, succession planning, commercial contracts and solid legal advice to clients on ordinary corporate matters.
Isabela transactional practice focuses on transactions that includes mergers and acquisitions, both equity and assed transactions and joint ventures formations on several business areas, including the technology, retail and food sectors (both domestic and cross-border deals), strategic and private equity transactions. Her contribution includes, among other activities, active participation in the structuring such transactions and negotiation of their terms, preparation of related agreements, as well as the coordination of legal due diligence.
Isabela also has experience with debt restructuring proceedings, with relevant contribution in structuring reorganization plans and in the negotiation with creditors and debtors.
She began her career at Gouvêa Vieira Advogados, in 2009. In 2015 she joined MHM Advogados and, in 2016 she moved on to join Madrona Advogados, where she worked until early 2020, when she then joined Tauil & Chequer Advogados em associação com Mayer Brown.
- Represented the investment fund Laço Management, owned by the American company Riata Corporate Group, in the acquisition of a majority stake in St. Marché Group, investee of Laço Management, by the American private equity fund L Catterton, in the amount of R$ 226,000,000, 00.
- Represented Solinftec (a Brazilian) agritech company in raising private equity funds, in the amount of USD 40,000,000.00
- Represented Zamin Ferrous (a relevant Indian mining group) in the judicial reorganization of its Brazilian subsidiary, Zamin Amapá, with a debt of approximately R$ 2,500,000,000.00;
- Represented the Chilean venture capital fund Mountain Nazca in the purchase of Groupon Brasil, a company owned by the North American Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN);
- Represented the private equity fund SouthRock Capital in the acquisition of a majority stake in Americana Franquia, an exclusive licensee of TGI Fridays for operations under the TGI Fridays brand in Brazil;
- Represented the Chilean venture capital fund Mountain Nazca in the acquisition of the Brazilian online shopping platform Peixe Urbano from Chinese Baidu;
- Represented the majority shareholders of DVA Brasil, a Brazilian manufacturer of pesticides, in the sale of control of the company to the Indian United Phosphurus Limited (UPL), in the same line of business;
- Represented Asian Foods, a subsidiary of the investment fund Laço Management, in the sale of its stake in TrendFoods, a Brazilian holding company in the restaurant business;
- Represented a Judicial Recovery and Bankrupcy Credits Investment Fund in the structuring and negotiation of the purchase of Editora Abril, in process of judicial reorganization (operation not completed);
- Represented the petshop chain Petland Brasil, owned by the North American company Petland, in the acquisition of 100% Pet, a Brazilian chain in the same business;
- Advised the founding shareholders of a manufacturer of dry grocery products in the negotiation and structuring of the company's corporate control sale transaction to a Brazilian private equity fund (operation not completed);
- Represented a private shareholder in the purchase of a minority stake in Bluefit Academias de Ginástica, a Brazilian chain of fitness centers;
- Advised the controlling shareholder of a manufacturer of medical and hospital products in structuring and negotiating an operation to sell the control of the company to private equity funds (operation not completed);
- Represented Sanofi Aventis in the management of liabilities and indemnities after the conclusion of the purchase of Medley Farmacêutica, in the amount of R$ 1,500,000,000.00;
- Represented the largest agricultural equipment dealer in the North and Northeast regions of Brazil (Marcosa Group) for the Sotreq Group, in an operation that was part of a consolidation process of Caterpillar distributors in the Brazilian market;
- Advised a Brazilian private equity fund in structuring and negotiation of the purchase of a Brazilian food supplement manufacturer (operation not completed);
- Represented the Hinode Group, dedicated to the production and sale of cosmetics, in the purchase of the majority stake in KPlay, a technology company that provides services and software for multilevel marketing;
- Represented Groupon Latam, an online shopping platform, in the acquisition of website Laçador de Ofertas, an online sales platform;
- Represented UmaUma Participações, a Brazilian company in the entertainment business, in the consolidation of control of Churrascada, a Brazilian company in the restaurant sector;
- Represented the minority shareholders of DVA Brasil, a Brazilian manufacturer of pesticides, in the sale of the remaining stake in the company to shareholder United Phosphurus Limited (UPL), an Indian company in the same line of business
- Represented Dental Gutierre, a Brazilian company that distributes dental products, in the sale of a majority stake to private shareholders.
Insper - Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa, LLM, Corporate Law
Instituto Presbiteriano Mackenzie, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)