Clients endorse him as "a very impressive transactional lawyer," who "in a challenging business environment showed experience and conducted the transaction in a productive and pro-deal manner." They add: "He is a true deal-maker who is fully involved in our cases and finds solutions to our problems."Chambers Latin America
Eduardo Alves Lima is a partner in the São Paulo office of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown. He is a member of the Banking & Finance practice. Eduardo represents financial institutions, multilateral organizations, equity sponsors, private equity houses and corporate clients in financing transactions, banking regulatory and related matters, including project financings (with experience of wide range of infrastructure and energy transactions), acquisition financings, out-of-court restructurings, asset-based loans and structured trade finance.
Eduardo is ranked as a “leading individual” in Projects and Banking & Finance in Chambers Latin America and Global. He has particular experience advising sponsors, lenders (including ECAs) and government agencies, on the commercial and financing aspects of the development, funding, restructuring, sale and purchase of energy and infrastructure assets (especially power generation and transmission, ports, airports, roads and water projects), including financings by way of bank debt and capital markets funding.
Prior to joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown, Eduardo was a partner at a leading local law firm and an associate of an international law firm based in New York. He has also practiced NY corporate and banking law and has significant cross-border experience.
Duke University, LLM
Mackenzie University, LLB
- "Practice head Eduardo Lima, who is held in high regard by both clients and peers and earns plaudits for his “proactive approach and personal commitment." Latin Lawyer 250 2018 - Tax
- "He is very hands-on and a true deal maker" Chambers Latin America 2018
- "He is adept at finding solutions and framing his responses in a clear manner." Chambers Latin America 2018
- Clients endorse him as "a very impressive transactional lawyer," who "in a challenging business environment showed experience and conducted the transaction in a productive and pro-deal manner." They add: "He is a true deal-maker who is fully involved in our cases and finds solutions to our problems." Chambers Latin America 2018
- "Excellent negotiator" The Legal 500
- "Eduardo Lima is stand-out performer on the finance side. Commercial and pragmatic and highly respected in the Brazilian banking market." “Very senior lawyer with a good market reputation. Eduardo stands out for his leadership skills.” IFLR 1000 2018 - Financial and Corporate
- "very calm and level-headed, with in-depth technical knowledge." Chambers Latin America 2017 - Banking - Brazil
- "He is very constructive in deals." Chambers Latin America 2017 - Banking - Brazil
- "Eduardo Lima’s team at Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown is experienced in handling the entire life cycle of projects, from contract negotiation, project development and financing through to dispute resolution, and makes use of the firm’s international network when acting on large-scale projects." The Legal 500 2016
- "He is very focused on achieving our goals." Chambers Latin America 2016 Projects - Brazil
- "Eduardo Lima...is developing a well-regarded practice at the firm." Latin Lawyer 250 2016 - Projects
- "Great." The Legal 500 2015 - Projects and Infrastructure
- "Led by Eduardo Lima, the team attracts a steady flow of corporate, M&A and financing instructions requiring regulatory knowledge of the power sector." The Legal 500 2015
- "He is an excellent lawyer - balanced, attentive and technically very solid." Chambers Global 2015
- [Eduardo] "is very technically capable and very tranquil, and leads meetings really well." Chambers Latin America 2015
- "We liked it a lot, as his technical level is very high, and the firm has a great structure." LL250 2014