Carolina Ferraro is an associate in the Tax practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. She focuses on tax consultancy, tax planning and litigation practice including tax consultancy and tax litigation at the administrative and judicial levels. Carolina advises local and cross-border clients in tax and customs issues, and represents clients in tax matters at administrative and judicial levels.
Carolina was previously a law clerk at several Brazilian law firms from 2009 to 2010; and Tauil & Chequer Advogados, from 2010 to 2011.
- Advised international oil companies and energy service companies in tax consulting, contract matters, compliance, and controversies related to their Brazilian operations and transactions.
- Represented a German chemical group in a tax litigation regarding the Brazilian excise tax.
- Represented an offshore drilling company in a tax Writ of Prevention filed by the Brazilian National Treasury, in order to suspend a decision that seized the company´s assets.
- Representing oil companies in several tax matters at administrative and judicial levels.
- Representing agribusiness company in tax assessments involving social security contributions.
- Regular representations before Taxpayers Council of Administrative Appeals (CARF)
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Central de Extensão – Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro
Legal English Course