The demand for global energy continues to increase, resulting in new energy frontiers being opened. In the last few years, the increased supply and production of natural gas in the United States have proven to be a potential game-changer for the US energy market—allowing companies to pursue more LNG export opportunities. Booming coal and gas investments as well as development in Africa have led to predictions that gas and coal projects could bring Mozambique more than $80 billion over the next several years. Meanwhile, hydraulic fracturing and issues surrounding hydrocarbon development continue to be a concern, with risk mitigation becoming imperative for companies on the front-end.
Please join us as our panelists provide in-depth discussions on these topics and provide their insights into the new frontiers of the energy industry.
Topics will include:
- Shale gas issues and mitigating risk
- The increasing energy activity in Africa
- US LNG Exports
Featuring Keynote Luncheon Speaker
Amy Myers Jaffe
Director of the Energy Forum at the Baker Institute – Rice University and Associate Director of the Rice Energy Program
- David Blackmon, Director of Government Affairs, El Paso Corporation
- David Cunningham, Managing Director, Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
- Ramsey Fahel, Vice President & General Manager – Commercial, Anadarko Mozambique
- Gonçalo Falcão, Partner, Tauil & Chequer Advogados, in association with Mayer Brown
- Rob Hamill, Head of Europe/UK Energy, Mayer Brown
- Bill F. Hederman, Director, Enterprise Risk Services, Deloitte
- Daryl Houghton, Senior LNG Consultant, Poten & Partners
- Mario Marques, Mozambique Ministry of Energy
- Stuart McAlpine, Partner, Global Energy, Europe, Mayer Brown
- Bill Moss, Partner, Global Energy, Mayer Brown
- Amy Myers Jaffe, Director of the Energy Forum at the Baker Institute – Rice University and Associate Director of the Rice Energy Program
- Obie O’Brien, Vice President, Government Affairs, Apache Corporation
- Dallas Parker, Co-Head Global Oil & Gas, Mayer Brown
- Jed Shreve, Principal and National Valuation Leader Energy & Resources, Deloitte
- Jose Valera, Partner, Global Energy, Mayer Brown
- Bill Wince, Vice President, Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Toshi Yoshida, Partner, Global Energy, Mayer Brown
There is no charge to attend the event, but seats are limited so please register early.
Date & Time
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. CDT
Hilton Post Oak
2001 Post Oak Boulevard
Houston, TX 77056