João Paulo Spörl is an associate in the Infrastructure and Regulation practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the São Paulo office. His main experience focuses on Administrative Law and Regulatory Law, advising Brazilian and foreign companies in infrastructure projects, tender procedures, administrative contracts, concessions and public-private partnerships. He also has expertise in advising companies in regulated economic sectors such as ports, roads, airports, and basic sanitation.
João previously was an associate at Cascione, Pulino Boulos e Santos Advogados (2014-2016), in the Administrative Law and Infrastructure areas. In 2013 he was an associate in the Pereira Neto Macedo Advogados in Administrative Law and Regulatory Law, with expertise in the telecommunications sector. In 2012 he was a trainee and associate in Stocche Forbes Advogados’ Project Finance and Infrastructure practice, with experience in structuring, developing, and funding infrastructure projects in various regulated industries.
- Advising the concessionaire responsible for the revitalization services and operation of Special Interest Urban Area of the Port of Rio de Janeiro (“Porto Maravilha"), in the issues arising from the implementation of the Public Private Partnership (PPP) contract entered into with the “Companhia de Desenvolvimento Urbano da Região do Porto do Rio de Janeiro”.
- Advising consortium on the bidding process regarding a PPP to build and operate a São Paulo highway named Tamoios.
- Advising consortium on a bidding process regarding a public-private partnership including the operation, administration, implementation and maintenance of a number of improvements to the Regional Airport Zona da Mata (ARZM).
- Advising companies in M&A operations regarding regulatory sectors such as, roads, shipyards, chemical and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Counsel to public services concessionaires regarding regulatory matters.
- Advising consortium on the bidding process regarding a PPP to build and operate São Paulo metro Line 18.
- Advising company on the Procedure for Expressing Interest (PMI) for a public-private partnership for the modernization, optimization, expansion, operation and maintenance of Public Lighting Network Modernization of the city of São Bernardo do Campo, in the São Paulo Extended Metropolitan Area.
- Counsel to engineering company on the Procedure for Expressing Interest (PMI) for a public-private partnership to build, operate and maintain a regional airport in the State of Bahia.
Universidade de São Paulo , Master in Administrative Law
Universidade de São Paulo , Bachelor of Law