Luísa Abreu is an associate in the Aviation and Insurance & Reinsurance practices of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the Rio de Janeiro office. Prior to joining the firm, Luísa worked for four years at Clyde & Co both at the firm’s base in London and in its Rio de Janeiro office. She has experience of advising and assisting airlines and their insurers, reinsurers and brokers. This includes the handling of major aviation losses, subrogation/recovery claims, P&C and mediation. Luisa's main focus has been on liability issues arising out of aviation losses in Latin America as well as managing legal proceedings.
- Handled claims arising from a major domestic aviation accident.
- Represented airliners and their insurers in several aviation losses related to consumers claims (i.e. cargo, personal injury and baggage).
- Handled subrogation claims arising from cargo losse/damage.
- Attended Claims Review meetings with UK Brokers and reinsurers.
- Handled aviation consumers claims in Latin America.
- Represented local Insurance companies before Brazilian Courts in relation to life and transport insurance.
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/RJ), MBA in Insurance and Reinsurance Law
Pontifical Catholic University PUC/RJ, LLM (Latu Sensu) in Corporate Business Law
Universidade Vila Velha/ES, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)