Henrique Rojas is an associate in the Corporate and M&A, Energy and Africa practices of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the Rio de Janeiro office.
He advises clients around the globe and particularly throughout Africa (Angola, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, among others), seeking legal solutions compatible with the domestic and foreign legislation. Henrique has experience in cross-border investments, corporate restructuring and international tax planning, international contracts, expatriates and immigration matters, having advised various companies on the establishment of branches and subsidiaries abroad, as well as on its operations in the foreign country and Brazil.
Currently, he is also a Regional Manager of Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture Brazil-Mozambique – CCIABM. Prior to joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown LLP, Henrique was an Associate in Bernardes & Advogados Associados (2012-2014), a legal consultant at the Chamber of Commerce Brazil-Mozambique (2013-2014) and a law clerk for the Federal Court of the State of Minas Gerais, dealing with tax and tax lien matters (2009-2010).
- Construction & Engineering. Advised a large Brazilian engineering firm to provide engineering services for Vale Mozambique, a project of approximately US$ 100 million.
- Construction & Engineering. Advised a large Brazilian construction company in a project to build a dam for the government of Mozambique in consortium with another Brazilian company, a project of approximately US$ 400 million.
- Construction & Engineering. Advised a large Brazilian construction company in a bidding to build infrastructure for Vale Mozambique.
- Construction & Engineering. Advised other Brazilian engineering companies in the implementation and development of projects in Mozambique.
- Business Services. Advised a Brazilian consulting firm in the implementation and development of operations in the USA, the Netherlands and Ecuador.
- Association. Advised the entity that promotes the economic relationship between Brazil and Mozambique in various businesses and projects involving associated enterprises which totaled over US$ 800 million.
- Agribusiness. Advised Brazilian agribusiness companies in investments in Mozambique, whose projects totaling over US$ 200 million.
- Technology. Advised an Indian technology company in the implementation and development of its operations in Brazil.
- Technology. Advised a large Brazilian technology company in the analysis of international agreements with several suppliers and customers in China, USA and Germany.
- Trading. Advised a Brazilian company in drafting and negotiating international distribution contracts.
- International Trade. Advised a major Mexican exporter and importer in an antidumping investigation in Brazil of refractory products.
- International Trade. Advised a major Chinese exporter in an antidumping investigation in Brazil of ceramic tiles.
- International Trade. Advised a major Brazilian importer in an antidumping investigation in Brazil of plastic articles.
University of California, Berkeley, Business Law Certificate (Mergers & Acquisitions)
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, MBA, Oil & Gas
Universidade Candido Mendes, Post-graduate Degree in International Law
Federal University of Minas Gerais, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Regional Manager, Chamber of Commerce Brazil-Mozambique - CCIABM
- Member, Brazilian Association of Financial Law - ABDF
- Coordinator, Extension in International Tax Law (2014/2) - IAED/CEDIN