Anna Fusco Pessoa is an associate in the Employment & Benefits practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Brasília office.
With over seven years of experience working in the labor area, Anna focuses her practice on employment consultancy and strategic litigation, including complex judicial lawsuits and administrative proceedings.
With residence in Brasília, Anna has experience acting before the Superior Labor Court, including oral arguments and personal submission of memorials in Superior Courts, preparation of strategic appeals to the Superior Labor Court and the Federal Supreme Court, as well as research into the Courts jurisprudence.
Before joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados, Anna was associate of the Employment & Benefits practice of Mattos Filho and Russomano Advocacia.
- Anna has experience representing national and international companies from a vast number of sector, such as energy, agribusiness, banking, technology, pharmaceutical, amongst others.
- Her experience in judicial and administrative litigation includes companies’ defenses in strategic individual labor lawsuits, Public Civil Actions (ACP), class action, judicial claims to the Superior Labor Court, writ of mandamus, labor infraction notices and administrative proceedings conducted by the Ministry of Economy and the Labor Prosecutor’s Office.
- Anna has also experience in corporate transactions (M&A, IPO, amongst others), with preparation of reports and opinions referring to the labor and employment practice, as well as review of offering memorandums and adaptation of labor practices to mitigate the labor risks involved in the operations.
- In the Federal District, Anna has experience in defense and crisis management of agribusiness companies before the Labor Prosecutor’s Office and the Ministry of Economy, and also in judicial lawsuits.
- Participated in corporate transactions (M&A, IPO, amongst others), with preparation of reports and opinions referring to the labor and employment practice.
University of Brasília, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Pontifical Catholic University, Bachelor Extension in Labor and Procedural Labor Law