Marcelo Ramos Leite is an associate in the Anti-Corruption & Compliance practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the São Paulo office. He has experience in the coordination of internal investigations and provides advice in cases related to potential violation of domestic and foreign anti-corruption legislation, and enforcement of disciplinary measures. Marcelo also practices in the implementation and review of compliance programs, as well as Anti-Corruption & Compliance due diligence in the context of M&A transactions and risk assessment. Moreover, Marcelo has experience in corporate law and M&A.
Marcelo graduated from Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul Law School, with an academic exchange at Lund University (Sweden), and attended a corporate law and governance course at London School of Economics and Political Science.
Before joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados, Marcelo practiced in a prestigious law firm in São Paulo and Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- Coordination of internal investigations. His experience includes investigations in national and multinational companies from the oil & gas, information technology, events and entertainment, services, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, and consumer goods sectors.
- Implementation and review of codes of conduct.
- Risk assessment and elaboration, improvement, and adaptation of compliance programs and policies according to Brazilian legislation, including implementation, training and supervision of their operation.
- Drafting and review of commercial agreements from an Anticorruption & Compliance perspective.
- Conducting of Anti-Corruption & Compliance due diligence in third parties and in the context of M&A transactions.
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Lund University, Sweden, Exchange Student
London School of Economics and Political Science, Corporate Law and Governance, Summer School