Luma Lucio is an associate in the Real Estate practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the São Paulo office.
Luma advises domestic and foreigner companies in diverse legal aspects of real estate transactions, especially involving legal due diligence, sale and purchase and donation of real estate, land regularization, constitution of real estate guarantees, urban leases, rural leases and partnerships, condominium matters, acquisition of rural property by foreigners, in addition to matters involving urban law and real estate registry.
- Advised Whirlpool Corporation with the transfer of real estate assets from the Brazilian unit Embraco as part of the global sale of the compressor manufacturing business to Japanese Nidec Corporation.
- Advised Daiwa do Brasil Têxtil Ltda. with the land regularization and the sale of its industrial plant in the state of Minas Gerais.
- Advised a Joint Venture between a Brazilian energy production company and a foreign investor group for the acquisition of rural properties and regularization of public land’s use for the operation of hydroelectric plants in the state of Mato Grosso.
- Advised Brazilian Zema Petróleo on its sale to the French petrochemical group Total S.A. regarding the real estate aspects of the transaction.
- Advised Companhia Imobiliária de Brasília - Terracap with the analysis of real estate assets in the framework of structuring investment fundraising models for the installation of the Technological Park of Brasilia - BIOTIC, in the Federal District.
Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), Extension in International Law
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte – UFRN, MA, Constitutional Law
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte – UFRN, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)