Pedro Lameirão is an associate in the Tax practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. He is experienced in the various levels of the Brazilian tax controversy system, providing advice on tax inspection procedures, conducting administrative defenses and managing overall tax litigation. In addition, he provides legal advice involving federal, state and municipal taxes, with a focus on corporate taxation.
- Experience in administrative tax controversy related mainly to federal taxes.
- Expertience in tax enforcements and tax litigation involving federal, state and municipal taxation.
- Experience in legal advice on tax matters, especially in the energy sector (oil and gas).
- Represented an international chemical company in an administrative controversy related to a tax assessment of more than $120 million.
- Represented an international oil & gas company in an administrative controversy related to a tax assessment of more than$100 million.
- Represented a multi-billion dollar Brazilian pension fund on tax issues.
- Advised a technology and entertainment company on their tax issues and business transactions in Brazil during FIFA World Cup 2014.
- Represented international oil & gas companies in tax planning, compliance, and controversies related to their Brazilian operations and transactions.
- Represented international oil & gas industry companies in multiple tax litigation.
Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF), Specialized Degree in Finance and Tax Law
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Master’s Degree in Tax Law
- Member, Tax Debate Group of Rio de Janeiro (GDT/Rio).