"Luciana Celidonio, who is best known for insolvency expertise, but also does broader civil litigation."Latin Lawyer 250
Luciana Celidonio is a partner in the Litigation and Restructuring practices of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the São Paulo office. She has more than 20 years of experience handling complex disputes (arbitration and litigation) involving banking, corporate and commercial litigation and bankruptcy-related litigation.
Luciana regularly handles matters related to debt financing and acquisition of distressed companies and assets. She has worked in relevant bankruptcy proceedings, such as the cases involving Oi Group, OAS Group, Schahin Group, Libra Group, Agrenco Group, Infinity Group, Arantes Group, Celpa, LBR, Seara, Heringer, UST – Usina Santa Terezinha, QGE Energy (out-of-court), Enseada (out-of-court) representing different stakeholders (creditors, investors, bond trustees and judicial administrators).
- Representation of an investor interested in acquiring Viracopos Airport within the course of its judicial reorganization proceedings (analysis of insolvency aspects of debtor and its shareholders – also involved in independent insolvency proceedings);
- Representation of a supporting creditor in UST – Usina Santa Terezinha Group judicial reorganization $50 million) including consultancy services related to the risks of a cross-border DIP Financing;
- Representation of an investor that acquired a participation in a credit facility from one of the biggest secured creditors in Seara judicial reorganization;
- Representation of a related party in Group Libra judicial reorganization;
- Representation of one of the biggest creditors in QGE Energia extrajudicial reorganization ($100 million) which provided, among others, the conversion of debt into equity;
- Representation of a creditor in Heringer Fertilizantes judicial reorganization ($12 million);
- Representation of an investor interested in acquiring four drilling ships in Sete Brasil judicial reorganization;
- Representation of one of the biggest creditors in Enseada extrajudicial reorganization;
- Representation of The Bank of New York Mellon in its role as trustee for 20 billion bond issuances in all aspects of Oi SA cross-border judicial reorganization (Brazil's second largest ever bankruptcy);
- Representation of Mizuho Bank and credit assignees, as the largest bank creditor in the bankruptcy proceedings (judicial reorganization and liquidation) of the Schahin Group ($500 million);
- Representation of HSBC, the largest bank creditor to the judicial reorganization of OAS Group;
- Representation of HSBC USA, in OAS Group judicial reorganization. Client was the only financial institution that, along with the bondholders, had a security interest over the most important asset of the debtor;
- Representation of Itaú BBA in Tomé Group judicial reorganization;
- Representation of ExxonMobil in OGX/Dommo judicial reorganization;
- Representation of a syndicate formed by four Banks (Credit Suisse, Santander, Banco Bradesco and Natixis) and two investment funds in the restructuring of an export prepayment and credit agreement within the scope of the judicial reorganization of Arantes Group;
- Representation of Portigon AG in the bankruptcy proceedings (Chapter 11 and subsequent Chapter 7 equivalents) of the Agrenco Group;
- Representation of Banco Banestes in the judicial reorganization of Infinity Group as a creditor not subject to the effects of the plan;
- Representation of The Bank of New York Mellon in its role as trustee in all aspects of several cross-border insolvency proceedings, such as the Rede Energia Group judicial reorganization, Arantes Group judicial reorganization, Celpa judicial reorganization and other cases.
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/SP), Corporate Law Course
Georgetown University Law Center, LLM, with distinction, International Business & Economic Law
Faculdade Autônoma de Direito (FADISP), Postgraduate Programme Civil Procedure Law (thesis pending)
Pontifícia Universidade Católica, LLB
Centro de Ensino Nossa Senhora de Fátima, Civil Procedure Law, Injunctions, Urgent Court Orders and Appeals
Universidade de São Paulo , Masters in Commercial Law (in course)
- Member of TMA Brasil – Courses and events Committee
- Member of TMA Brasil – Mediation Committee
- Recognized at Leaders League 2020 as Recommended in Bankruptcy area
- “Luciana Celidonio, who is best known for insolvency expertise, but also does broader civil litigation.” Latin Lawyer 250 – 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Luciana Celidonio is recognized as "Next Generation Partner" in Bankrupcty and Restrucuring practice. "Luciana Celidonio draws on over 18 years of experience in corporate, commercial and bankruptcy-related litigation" – The Legal 500 – 2019
- Recognized in International Financial Law Review (IFLR)’s Americas Awards 2019, Global M&A Network’s 11th Annual Turnaround Atlas Awards and Latin Lawyer’s Deal of the Year Awards for advising on the Oi restructuring deal.
- Recognized at Leaders League 2019 as “Highly Recommended" in Litigation area.
- Luciana Celidonio is recognized recognized at Análise Advocacia 500 Análise Advocacia 500 2019 in the category "Setor Econômico – Imobiliário".
- "Luciana Celidonio devotes most of her time to banking and finance disputes". "Luciana Celidonio is active members of the team." - The Legal 500 - 2018
- Luciana Celidonio is recognized at Análise Advocacia 500 2018 in the category "Hotel and Tourism".
- Recognized in Latin Lawyer’s Deal of the Year Awards 2017 for advising on the OAS Group restructuring deal.
- "Litigation specialist with a notable track record". The Legal 500 - 2016