"Litigation specialist with a notable track record."The Legal 500
Luciana Celidonio is a partner in the São Paulo office of Tauil & Chequer Advogados' Restructuring Bankruptcy & Insolvency practice. She has more than 16 years of experience handling complex disputes involving corporate and commercial litigation.
Luciana also advises consumer products companies on issues related to product liability exclusively from the manufacturer and retailer’s perspective or representing the manufacturers' and retailers' interests.
She represents clients and their interests in various industries, with particular emphasis on banking, telecommunications, energy and pharmaceuticals.
Luciana regularly handles matters related to debt refinancing and acquisition of distressed companies and assets. She has worked in relevant bankruptcy proceedings (Chapter 7 and Chapter 11), such as the cases involving Agrenco Group, Infinity Group, Arantes Group, Celpa Elétricas do Pará S.A. – Celpa, and Rede Group.
- Advised Dow Agrosciences in the acquisition of assets from a cooperative focused on development of cultivar and germplasm (transgenic);
- Advised Bunge regarding acquisition of infrastructure assets, including but not limited to investment on port concession agreement;
- Provided advice to General Electric on investment (equity and debt) on renewable energy company;
- Assisted Pecém Energia in a cross-border EPC agreement;
- Advised Cargill on the sale of Cargill’s food animal business (Cargill Nutrição Animal Ltda.) for the French group Evialis.
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/SP), Corporate Law Course
Georgetown University Law Center, PhD, International Business & Economic Law
Civil Procedure Law, Faculdade Autônoma de Direito (FADISP)
Civil Procedure Law, Injunctions and Urgent Court Orders and Appeals, Centro de Ensino Nossa Senhora de Fátima
Pontifícia Universidade Católica, LLB
- "Luciana Celidonio, who is best known for insolvency expertise, but also does broader civil litigation too." Chambers Latin America 2018 - Litigation
- "Litigation specialist with a notable track record" The Legal 500 2016 - Bankruptcy