Thatiane Campello is an Employment & Benefits associate in the Rio de Janeiro office of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown. She focuses her practice on employment consultancy and litigation, including complex judicial lawsuits and administrative proceedings, especially related to leading oil and gas companies in Brazil.
Thatiane’s experience includes due diligences in the risk assessment of labor liabilities and HR practices and in compliance investigations, global mobility practices and immigration procedures in Brazil.
She has been with Mayer Brown since 2009.
- Experience in more than 150 M&A transactions and due diligences in the risk assessment and estimative of loss of judicial lawsuits and administrative proceedings and analysis of human resources practices, payroll, HR Policies and review of benefits and collective bargaining agreements.
- Management and coordination of deadlines related to litigation reports, judicial lawsuits and administrative proceedings of several companies in Brazil.
- Consulting about visa and residency authorization for expatriates assigned to render services in Brazil and temporary and permanent transfer of Brazilian employees assigned to work abroad, including in the review of global mobility policies.
- Consulting for clients in labor law and practice in the implementation of profit sharing plans, stock option, flexible benefits, variable remuneration, remuneration of executives, private pension plan, implementation of Human Resources policies, offshore employees, quota of apprentices and quota of employees with special needs (PCD), compensation of the workday scheme and rotation shifts, health and safety at work, among others.
- Draft and review offer letters, employment contracts, officer agreements, services agreements, termination, retention, non-disclosure and non-compete agreements.
- Compliance investigations at one of Brazil’s largest energy companies after more than 340 whistleblowers complaints with interview of employees to analyze violations of the Brazilian Labor Law, anti-bribery and anticorruption laws, Code of Conduct and Human Resources policies in one of the leading companies of exploration, refinement and distribution of oil and gas in the world, as well as a major investor in ethanol in Brazil.
- Elaboration of defenses, pleas of lack of jurisdiction, motions to clarify, ordinary appeals, review appeals, interlocutory appeals, counterarguments, and appeals in the execution phase of labor lawsuits, among others.
- Attended hearings and oral argument before labor courts.
- Solid experience representing companies ranging from mid-to Fortune 100-sized companies on every step of labor relations, from hiring to termination procedures, union negotiations and structuring and managing labor benefits and executive compensation plans for purposes of ensuring compliance with employment legislation and preventing companies from any labor exposure.
- Legal assessment on various due diligences and labor check-ups with respect to labor matters of important companies related to different businesses, such as energy, real estate, food processing, mining and oil and gas.
- Participated in the Rio Oil & Gas 2012 and 2014 with representation of one the most relevant Institutes of oil and gas in Brazil during the entire event.
- Secondment at one of the leading companies of exploration, refiner and distribution of oil and gas in the world, as well as a major investor in ethanol in Brazil.
- Assisted clients from the oil and gas, biofuel, telecommunications, chemical, agribusiness sectors in several compliance investigations involving executives and administrators (i.e., directors, board members, managers), as well as, employees, customers, services providers and suppliers for conducting compliance risk-assessment based on whistleblower complaints.
- Represented oil and gas, drilling, geophysical and manufacturing services companies in labor litigation with respect to judicial and administrative proceedings related to labor law.
- Participated in several labor and employment due diligences on M&A Transactions and Financing Projects identifying and reporting labor litigation and human resources procedures adopted by companies.
- Represented companies in individual labor lawsuits and class actions and obtain favorable decisions in complex cases of judicial and administrative proceedings involving the Labor Ministry (MTE) and the Labor Public Prosecutor Office (MPT).
Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF), MBA, Strategic Business Management
Universidade Candido Mendes, Further Education in Labor Law
Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)