"He is very dedicated to clients and is a real asset due to his knowledge of both consultancy and contentious matters related to public law."Chambers Latin America
Bruno Aurélio is a partner of the Infrastructure and Regulatory practices of the Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the São Paulo office. He has a particular experience in a development of infrastructure projects, whether in the legal structuring or in the monitoring and general advice on tender procedures, as well as in the defense of corporate interests with regulatory agencies and other control authorities. He has recognized experience in the legal structuring of concession projects and public-private partnerships, as well as in privatization processes and in investments related to the different infrastructure sectors (transportation, ports, airports, railways, basic sanitation and solid waste).
Bruno is considered a "leading lawyer" in Public Law and Projects by the legal directory Chambers Latin America, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000. He has experience especially in advising companies of construction, logistics, transport and other varied public service concessionaires. Representing companies in a renegotiation of contracts and review of commercial aspects, sale and purchase of infrastructure assets (especially energy projects, ports, airports, roads and water).
Bruno has significant experience in brazilian administrative and constitutional law. He is the author of books and legal articles in the area, as well as a recognized lecturer in postgraduate courses in Brazil. Previously, he was a partner at Cascione, Pulino, Boulos & Santos lawyers in São Paulo (2011 - 2016) and associate at Machado Meyer (2008 - 2010).
Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), LLM, Public Law
Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), PhD, Public Law
Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), Bachelor of Law, Awarded the Professor José Frederico Marques Prize for academic achievement by the Law School of the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo.
- "Bruno Aurélio, who joined the department from a rival firm in 2016 and wins praise for his “great service” and deep involvement in projects." Latin Lawyer 250 2018 - Projects
- He offers clients significant knowledge of both administrative and infrastructure law. Chambers Latin America 2018
- "He is very dedicated to clients and is a real asset due to his knowledge of both consultancy and contentious matters related to public law." Chambers Latin America 2018
- Head of the Public Law team, Bruno Francisco Cabral Aurélio is much lauded by clients: 'He is attentive, flexible and brings plenty of enthusiasm on board'." (Chambers and Partners - Latin America, 2014)
- Partner Bruno Francisco Cabral Aurélio is noted for his capabilities in the infrastructure and administrative law spheres. Sources say: "He is extremely committed and a brilliant young professional." (Chambers and Partners – Latin America, 2016)
- "We enjoy working with this team because of their dedication, agility and demonstrable knowledge of public law matters." (Chambers and Partners - Latin America, 2016)
- “Sources describe Bruno Francisco Cabral Aurélio as "a brilliant and extremely committed lawyer." He has considerable experience assisting clients with matters concerning projects-related public law in Brazil.” (Chambers and Partners - Global, 2016)
- "The ‘extremely diligent’ Bruno Aurélio is ‘very dedicated’ and has ‘deep technical knowledge’ in Public Law matters." (The Legal 500, 2013)
- “It has carved out a name for itself in the public law arena, having been involved in numerous high-profile infrastructure projects over the years. Recent highlights include representing a company in a class action brought against it and a public authority, seeking to nullify an invitation to bid for a PPP. Practice head Bruno Aurélio is ‘a great driver of negotiations’.” (The Legal 500, 2016)
- “Brilliant’ practice head Bruno Aurélio provides ‘great service’” (The Legal 500, 2016)